Opportunity to learn about injury prevention around the woolshed
Injury prevention around the woolshed
Members are invited to meetings in September to introduce the online injury prevention programme, Tahi Ngātahi, which is supported by Federated Farmers.
The programme is aimed at preventing injuries in the wool growing and harvesting industry. Federated Farmers has worked with the New Zealand Shearing Contractors Association to develop the programme in partnership with ACC and WorkSafe.
Tahi Ngātahi is for farmers, shearing contractors and their staff to ensure they are using best practice to prevent injuries in the workplace and the part everyone plays in achieving this.
Farmers will learn about the programme and the benefits it can bring their business at the meetings. Bring your own device to explore the Tahi Ngātahi website and see how the programme works. The events start with a refreshment break as they follow a meeting being held for shearing contractors.
To assist with catering requirements please email your RSVP
to confirm your attendance with numbers and the meeting you can attend.
- Gisborne - Bushmere Arms, 673 Matawai Rd, September 3, 5pm – 7pm.
- Napier - Napier Conference Centre, 48 Marine Parade, September 4, 10am - 12pm.
- Palmerston North - PN Boys High School, cnr North and Featherston Sts, September 4, 5pm - 7pm.
- Taumaranui - Taumarunui Cosmopolitan Club Inc, September 5,10 Miriama St, 10am - 12pm.
- Gore - Heartland Hotel, 100 Waimea Street, September 19, 3pm to 5pm.
- Geraldine - Stonebridge, 842 Winchester-Geraldine Highway, September 20, 3pm to 5pm.
- Cheviot - Cheviot Trust Hotel, SH1, September 21,3pm to 5pm.