Northland Regional Council has notified their Regional Plan and we want to hear from you
To make sure we get our submission right, we are running workshops with farmers.
We will go over:
- What is in the plan
- What we are thinking of including in our submission and what our position is on the plan contents
- How to write your own submission (the more submissions the council receives, the better informed they will be on the views of their ratepayers)
The Workshop Location and Dates:
Dargaville Town Hall
31st October 2017 at 7pm
Ohaeawai Rugby Club, Kaikohe
1st November 2017 at 10.30am
If you are interested in attending please RSVP to email@example.com - there will be a BBQ at each event, so the better idea we have on numbers, the better we can organise the number of sausages we need!
The main matters and issues we have to discuss:
- Water takes for Dairy Sheds: Do you currently have consent? Do you take more than 20m3/day? Do you take more than 50m3/day? Would you consider an off-stream dam to manage your water use? – There are new conditions for you to consider.
- Stock Exclusion – what stock type do you run? What is the gradient of your farm? Other than fencing, would you like to consider other sediment and E.coli management options? – When and what conditions affect your farm?
- Dairy Effluent – How much storage do you have? Do you rely on a two-pond system or discharge to land? Will you have to get consent?
- Cultivation – Proposed setback of 5m from natural wetland, bed of a lake or a permanent or intermittently flowing river or stream (direct drilling permitted) – Will this work on your farm?
- Other rules and conditions which may interest you include Earthworks, Vegetation clearance, Land drainage and flood control, Agrichemical application and watercourse maintenance.