Principal Policy Advisor (Water)
- Are you sick of the corporate treadmill?
- Are you looking for flexible hours and an ability to work remotely to achieve work/life balance?
- Do you want a fulfilling and challenging role where you can build and maintain stakeholder relationships, and lead Federated Farmers’ policy thinking on the management and regulation of water and nutrients?
- Do you want to apply your skills in a stimulating and rewarding environment?
Federated Farmers is the highly influential national voice of rural New Zealand, representing farmers who help generate over 50% of New Zealand’s exports. Federated Farmers role is invaluable to the rural sector, wider community, and to our economy.
You will be part of ensuring that Federated Farmers is recognised as a leader in evidence-based policy and you will be the lead policy representative on the important portfolio of water policy.
We are recruiting for a Principal Advisor to join our Policy and Advocacy team. This position preferably would be based in Wellington.
You will be required to provide expert and high-quality advice to both Federated Farmers internal teams, and be a key representative on national working groups.
If you recognise that the primary industry is at the heart of the New Zealand economy and you have a strong understanding of the Resource Management Act (RMA),and an interest in the business of farming, here is an opportunity you should not miss.
- With Resource Management Act, planning, primary or science sector, legal, government or a related industry.
Your skill set should include:
- Ability to develop high quality relationships with farmers, government and stakeholder groups. • Enthusiasm to take on new challenges.• Ability to competently analyse both national regulations and RMA plans, write reports and provide sound, technical advice.
- Work on a range of issues, predominately relating to environmental policy as it relates to water and nutrient management.
- Preferably from a resource management background, but those with qualifications in law, agriculture, policy, science or a related discipline are also encouraged to apply.
The position is a full time role based preferably in Wellington. You must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
For a copy of the position description and an application form please contact Gillian Bright on email email@example.com
Friday 4 December 2020