Senior Policy Advisor / Policy Advisor
- Are you sick of the corporate treadmill?
- Do you want a fulfilling and challenging role where you can build and maintain relationships, as well as lead Federated Farmers through the Resource Management Act (RMA)?
- Do you want to apply your skills, such as RMA planning, in a stimulating and rewarding environment?
Federated Farmers is the highly influential national voice of rural New Zealand, representing farmers who help generate over 50% of New Zealand’s exports. Federated Farmers role is invaluable to the rural sector, wider community and to our economy.
You will be part of ensuring that Federated Farmers is recognised as a leader in evidence based policy and RMA processes.
We are recruiting for a Senior Policy Advisor / Policy Advisor to join our Regional Policy and Advocacy team. The successful candidate will be appointed to either Senior Policy Advisor or Policy Advisor position, dependent on your level of experience. This position can be based in Wellington, Palmerston North or Hamilton and will be a member of the North Island Regional Policy Team.
If you recognise that the primary industry is at the heart of the New Zealand economy and you have a strong understanding of the RMA and the business of farming, here is an opportunity you should not miss.
- With the RMA, primary or science sector, legal, government or a related industry.
Your skill set should include:
- Ability to develop relationships with farmers, government and stakeholder groups.
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- Competently analyse policies and RMA plans, write reports and provide sound technical advice
- Work on a range of issues predominately relating to environmental and regional policy.
- Preferably from an RMA planning background, but those with qualifications in law, agriculture, policy, science or a related discipline are also encouraged to apply.
The position is a full time role based either in Wellington, Palmerston North or Hamilton. You must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
For a copy of the position description and an application form please contact Gillian Bright on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 19 March 2021.