GM Sales & Marketing
Growing membership and expanding business opportunities
Making a difference to NZ agriculture
Wellington (preferred) or Hamilton based
Federated Farmers is New Zealand’s leading independent rural advocacy organisation. The Federation’s aim is to add value to the business of farming for our members and encouraging sustainability through good management practice. Federated Farmers consists of 24 provinces and associated branches giving farmers a collective voice at both a national and provincial level.
As GM Sales & Marketing you will be responsible for:
- Leading the sales and marketing strategy and functions, to grow membership and expand business development opportunities
- Developing commercial partnerships and new revenue streams from inception to achieving results
- Leading a team of experienced staff
- Building and maintaining key relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Planning and delivering robust financial performance through membership growth, commercial and revenue opportunities, event management and marketing
- Contributing to the strategic leadership of the organisation as an effective member of the Senior Management Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager Sales & Marketing to join the team in our central Wellington or Hamilton offices. Federated Farmers are looking for a person with:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Experience in leading sales and marketing functions at management level
- A track record of success in developing partnerships and building new revenue streams
- Demonstrated success in business development
- Exceptional relationship management and communication skills
- Experience in relationship management and networking with key stakeholders and clients
- Financial and commercial acumen
- A focus on achieving results and following through to execution of strategy
- A team focus – a team leader and keen to be a team player at a senior management level, with ability to work cohesively with senior management team
- Highly organised and skilled at prioritising and juggling competing demands
- Buckets of energy and motivation, and good drive
- Ability to work well under pressure, trustworthy and reliable
- An interest in making a genuine difference in New Zealand's largest and most dynamic industry
- Desirable - Experience in a membership organisation.
Candidates can download a position description and apply online via the Job Search page at Sheffield.co.nz. To apply in strict confidence by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to email@example.com quoting Ref: 784328aa. Applications close on 2 February 2020. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 3 353 4365.
Senior Policy Advisor / Policy Advisor (Hamilton based)
- Be part of a team in leading national issues, such as Water and RMA
- Are you sick of the corporate treadmill?
- Do you want a fulfilling and challenging role where you can build and maintain relationships as well as lead Federated Farmers through the RMA processes in your region?
- Do you want to apply your skills, such as RMA planning, in a stimulating and rewarding environment?
Federated Farmers is the highly influential national voice of rural New Zealand, representing farmers who help generate over 50% of New Zealand’s exports. Federated Farmers role is invaluable to the rural sector, wider community and to our economy.
You will be part of ensuring that Federated Farmers is recognised as a leader in evidence based policy and RMA processes.
We are recruiting for a Senior Policy Advisor / Policy Advisor to join our Regional Policy and Advocacy team. The successful candidate will be appointed to either Senior Policy Advisor or Policy Advisor position, dependent on your level of experience. This position will be based in Hamilton.
If you recognise that the primary industry is at the heart of the New Zealand economy and you have a strong understanding of the RMA and the business of farming, and you want to make a difference, here is an opportunity you should not miss.
- With the RMA, primary or science sector, legal, government or a related industry.
Your skill set should include:
- Ability to develop relationships with farmers, government and stakeholder groups.
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- Competently analyse policies and Resource Management Act plans, write submissions and provide sound technical advice
- Work on a range of issues relating predominately relating to the RMA, environmental and regional policy.
- Preference from an RMA legal or planning background but those with qualifications in law, agriculture, policy, science or a related discipline are also encouraged to apply.
The position is a full-time role based in Hamilton. You must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
For a copy of the position description and an application form please contact Gillian Bright on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 16th February 2020
Graduate Policy Advisors, Regional (Two Roles - Hamilton and Dunedin)
Fantastic opportunity for self-starters with exemplary written and verbal communications skills, and a genuine interest in farming.
- National organisation
- Highly engaged, committed team
- Two vacancies - Hamilton and Dunedin
Federated Farmers has an exciting opportunity for career focused Graduates to join our highly engaged Regional Policy Team. Committed to supporting rural communities and the agricultural industry in New Zealand, Federated Farmers has a long and proud history of providing support to farming families and leaders within the industry.
You will be assisting in research and contributing towards policy analysis, submissions, advice and advocacy, aimed at favourably influencing the outcomes of regional policy, particularly environmental policy and Resource Management Act, impacting Federated Farmers of New Zealand members.
You will be upskilled by:
- Assisting with the analysis of proposed district and regional plans and progressing through the submission process;
- Learning to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Broadening range of written communication skills
This is a supportive environment to learn effective advocacy skills. The scope of being involved in the planning process from beginning to end will help with your career.
If you would like to secure a role that will place you very well for the future.
For a position description and application form please contact Gillian Bright, HR Manager email@example.com
. Apply including a cover letter and your CV detailing your reasons for applying.