Senior Policy Advisors / Policy Advisors
- Make a difference for our farmers
- Do you want a fulfilling and challenging role where you can build and maintain relationships, as well as lead Federated Farmers through the Resource Management Act (RMA)?
- Do you want to apply your skills, such as RMA planning, in a stimulating and rewarding environment?
- Be part of the biggest non-government resource management policy team.
Federated Farmers is the highly influential national voice of rural New Zealand, representing farmers who help generate over 50% of New Zealand’s exports. Federated Farmers role is invaluable to the rural sector, wider community and to our economy.
We have made improvements to the structure of the policy team and are implementing a range of changes to enhance the effectiveness of this team. The outcome of this refresh process has bought about opportunities.
We are recruiting for four Senior Policy Advisor / Policy Advisor roles in our regional team, two based in the North Island and two in the South Island plus a Senior Policy Advisor (Water) role preferably based in Wellington or Hamilton. We are looking for RMA and/or water experts, who want to experience the satisfaction which come with advocating on behalf of our farming members.
Working for a membership organisation, you will have a real sense of purpose and real opportunities to make a valued contribution to our farming communities.
In these roles you get to lead from the front and take ownership of your work. No silos or bureaucratic hierarchy here.
This is an exciting and challenging time to be involved at the coalface of national resource management as well as regional and district plan development. Federated Farmers will give you the opportunity to be involved and lead processes from start to finish. You will be at the forefront of challenging and evolving reforms. You will work alongside some of the brightest, like-minded people (from a range of disciplines) who will value your intellect and commitment to seeing the job done.
The roles carry a weight of responsibility because you will want to do the very best for the farmers but with that comes job satisfaction in spades. And if you know farmers you can also look forward to enjoying their generous, hardworking, down-to-earth way of being.
So yes, we are looking for special people.
It is an extremely exciting time to be involved in the reform of resource management in New Zealand and at Federated Farmers you will have the opportunity to influence change. Tell us what you need, and we will try to make it work, for the right person.
We are looking for:
Preferably with practical experience in the fields of resource management (e.g. policy, planning or legal) or water quality or local government along with experience acting for or working with farmers.
Your skills will include:
- the ability to build and maintain relationships with farmers, government, iwi and stakeholder groups.
- enthusiasm for new challenges and rock-steady determination to see an issue through to a resolution
- the ability to provide sound and reasoned advice, analyse policies and resource management plans, write submissions and provide sound technical advice
- the ability to work as part of a team, bringing together multiple disciplines to present a well-rounded and credible solution.
You must be eligible to work permanently in New Zealand.
For a copy of the position description and an application form please contact Gillian Bright on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday, 30 November 2021