He Waka Eke Noa - Not the beginners guide
2 February 2022 | 27:46 | E24
Andrew Hoggard - National President of Federated Farmers talks about the pricing options of He Waka Eke Noa
- What is He Waka Eke Noa?
- Do Feds have a position on He Waka Eke Noa
- What’s the deadline to select one of the HWEN options
- if we don’t select one of them, is it automatic that agriculture goes into the ETS (and when?) or is there a chance for further negotiation with the government?
- Both options have some benefits over the ETS which is the alternative, but are either of them any good?
- Have we given up on the fight to get the methane targets changed, particularly the post-2030 26-47% reduction target?
- What’s the alternative?
- Is the alternative any better?
- What about the price paid for sequestration and what is eligible, currently farmers can claim ETS eligible natives through HWEN, Meaning farmers don’t have to deal with ETS and HWEN?
- Some farmers are saying, who cares next time National gets in they will change it all back?
- What are the other big concerns at the moment?