Records the terms and conditions agreed to when the sharemilker is not providing the cows.
Note: this NEW agreement is only available for herds with a minimum size over 300 cows, with the current 300 cow rule in the Sharemilking Act. A new version for 300 cows and under will be available soon.
Created November 2022: The agreement has been completely rewritten for a new era of sharefarming, ensuring compliance with the latest tenancy act, RMA, and water legislation.
- An optional financial backstop has been included to protect the sharemilker should milk prices suddenly drop with an optional guaranteed minimum return clause (like the Contract Milking Agreement) which provides a guaranteed minimum remuneration to cover the basic costs of the sharemilker in extreme events.
- Before term, start of term and end of term check lists so both parties are able to check they are ready to go at a glance
- The majority of the clauses mirror the contract milking agreement, making it an easy transition for those who have been using our contract milking agreement
- Itemised rubberware clause
- Updated clauses on the roles of parties for keeping all effluent, fertiliser and animal records
- Improved capital development clause
- Expanded clauses on tenancy, accommodation insurance and employee of the contractor house inspection requirements